VIYM’s strategy is based on a rigorous investment process affected by the Luxembourg Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD). Our investors typically seek exposure to a balanced risk/return profile between the established European markets and fast-growing emerging opportunities of the FSU economies. Since March 2015, VIYM has developed regulatory and compliance solutions for other private equity and infrastructure asset managers – VIYM Third Party AIFM Platform.
We enhance the performance of the company through:
- Bringing the best management practices to the company's business;
- Active, professional and committed BoD participation;
- Assistance and support in the development of the company's management and financial reporting structures;
- Support in the development of project-orientated remuneration and motivation schemes for the company's management and key personnel;
- Implementation of internationally acceptable internal controls and financial reporting systems;
- Assistance in establishing business connections with other cluster members and other local and international companies.
We identify fast-growing companies with strong and progressive management teams to activate their market leadership potential and generate competitive long-term returns on the capital invested.
Our investors are not looking for any long-term strategic positions in any given company or industry. We are therefore looking for a solid divestment strategy within a 3-7 year period. Our exit strategy of choice is sale to a long-term orientated investor. Initial public offerings are however also a viable option.
- Hospitality real estate with mixed-use components.
- Strong focus on properties located in the developed economies of Greater Europe, and in emerging markets of Russia and other FSU countries.
- Value-added or opportunistic investments in moderate to high-risk hospitality real estate projects with mixed-use exposure such as office and retail, healthcare and lifestyle real estate, and apartments.
- A transparent holding structure and a highly qualified management team.
- An extended business plan with a 5-7-year development strategy to include (i) detailed business idea description, (ii) clearly stated, staged and proven development and investment plan, (iii) marketing strategy, (iv) risk assessment and mitigation policy, (v) key economic and financial parameters reflected, backed and forecasted in the project's financial model.
- Investment stakes vary from 25% to 100% shareholding in any one project.
- Typical projects require between 50% to 70% of additional capital investment compared to current valuations.
- The total investment in any one project typically range between EUR 20 million and EUR 75 million.
- A clear exit strategy.
- Сonsumer goods & services.
- Industrials & materials.
- B2B services.
- IT & internet.
- Healthcare services.
- Strong focus on fast-growing small and mid-cap companies operating in emerging markets of Russia and other FSU countries.
- A leading market position, unique technology or niche with significant growth potential and protected by substantial entry barriers.
- A highly qualified management team dedicated to the business capitalization growth with a proven industry track-record and expertise.
- A project in its growth or expansion stage of the product lifecycle with a sales volume exceeding US$ 10 million.
- A cash-generating and financially stable business.
- A transparent holding structure to secure investors' control over the revenues generated by the company activities.
- An extended business plan with a 5-year development strategy to include a (i) detailed business idea description, (ii) clearly stated, staged and proven development and investment plan, (iii) marketing strategy, (iv) risk assessment and mitigation policy, (v) key economic and financial parameters reflected, backed and forecasted in the project's financial model.
- Investment stakes vary from 25%+1 to 49% shareholding in any one project.
- The total investment in any one project typically range between USD 5 million and USD 15 million.
- A clear exit strategy with a 3–5 year investment horizon.
- EU marketing passport
- Portfolio management
- Risk management
VIYM Third Party AIFM Platform allows fund sponsors to focus on their core asset management activities
VIYM works only with experienced and professionally licensed external depositories, administrators and banks to ensure full compliance, seamless co-operation and minimum involvement of the fund sponsor.
VIYM’s team has long-term experience working with various service providers and is able to accommodate firms recommended by the fund sponsor.